Saturday 6 August 2016

An escape.

I'm still recovering very slowly and had a back-slide recently.  I suppose it was inevitable really, the nature of M.E. is that in some totally mysterious way your body doesn't seem to re-act immediately to episodes like the appendectomy, but kind of lulls you into a false sense of you having escaped the dratted M.E. symptoms this time.  And along you waltz merrily, doing more than you really should.   Kidding yourself...Ha Ha I've managed to slip through the net.  Then double whammy!  Back it bombs with vengeance, after over 20 years you'd think I'd have learned by now.

But it's reminded me of another escape......

The train stopped.  Halted for some unknown reason.  The other side of the railway tracks a combine- harvester reaps the corn.  Threshing, leaving acres of stubble behind, until only one small square is left to be cut, and at that moment a deep red fox darts out from the last corn square, he's about to be cut through.  Anxious and dashing.  Meanwhile there is a swell of sound.  A swollen gush, billowing down the whole side of the train, like a huge sigh, God-like in it's hugeness.  All those brains and eyes all seeing the same drama played out before us.  It was a moment suspended.  A joining.
We were all as one....and the fox lived to hunt another day.

Photo:  Naturesdoorways.tumblr.com

7 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Jane .... I'm so sorry to hear that you've gone forward one step but then back two .... hopefully things are on the up now. I wish you well and wish that I could help.
I have just been talking about foxes with another blogger .... I always get so excited when Mr Fox visits our garden.... I find them very beautiful creatures. It's good to know that your fox lived to fight another day. Stay as well as you can and keep positive. XXXX

Half-heard in the Stillness said...

Thanks Jackie, I'm keeping on keeping on! ;)))

Hugs Jane, thanks for calling by, hope you have a good Sunday.

helen tilston said...

Hello Jane,
How lovely to see your post today. Sorry to hear you have had a set back. I pray a cure will be found and that your health will be restored fully. I love your writing and a beautiful ending to the young fox who outwitted the harvester. Like you and Jackie I, too, love foxes. They are so beautiful.

Hope you have a great weekend. Are you following the Olympics? I find the games are uplifting and a pleasant change from the news.

Helen xx

helen tilston said...

Hello Jane,
How lovely to receive a comment from you on my blog today. Hope this finds you well and in good spirits. I did complete the commissioned painting and have been painting a lot and grateful that people engage me to commission their favourite views.
I am going to return to my blog before the month is out and miss the wonderful dialogue it offers.
Sending you fondest wishes

Helen xx

Jane the Booklady said...

Hello Jane, I'm so glad you visited my blog, for now I have discovered yours! I am so sorry to hear of your ill health. I battle with fibromyalgia, so I understand a little.
I loved your description of the fox and that moment of connection.
Jane x

Half-heard in the Stillness said...

Hello again Jane the Booklady, ooh my sister also suffers from fibromyalgia so I sympathise! I actually think that M.E. shares some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia too.
Thank you very much for your kind words this morning.

Hugs Jane

Unknown said...

How nice to find this post this morning!